Sunday, June 10, 2012

Freezer Cooking Goals This Week

So I have set some freezer cooking goals this week.  The good ol' Pacific Northwest has blessed us with a cool beginning to Summer break and I want to fill my freezer before it gets too hot to turn on the oven.

So here's what I did today:

2.5 dozen Corndog muffins (recipe below)
24 pb&j sandwiches

CORNDOG MUFFINS
Okay... I was lazy, I purchased three boxes of Jiffy Cornbread mix (they were $.50 a piece) and I used my Bar S hotdogs that I had gotten for $.24 per package (I love coupons!).

   *  Cornbread mix
   * 1 package hot dogs (sliced in three pieces)

Drop Cornbread batter into muffin tins and press 1/3 hotdog into the center.  Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes and voila' you have a very child friendly snack or meal.

For less than 2 dollars, I made 30 corndog muffins.  My children can easily eat 2 of these as a main dish! That is a price that can't be beat!

My kids LOVE these!  They are like miniature corndogs and that are quick and easy to reheat. We don't like our kids eating too many hotdogs or other junk type food, but we are okay with it once in a while and I am trying to make sure we are stocked up on inexpensive filling snacks so we aren't tempted by quick expensive foods.

Tomorrow's Freezer Cooking Goals:

My goal for tomorrow is waffles, banana bread and banana muffins.  I have an abundance of overripe bananas at my house and want to make use of them.  What ever bananas I don't use, I will cut up and freeze for our breakfast smoothies.

No comments:

Post a Comment